It’s exhausting to try and figure out every Facebook marketing hack, trick or tactic that hits your inbox. There certainly is no shortage of Facebook marketing and advertising “tips” on the web. While a lot of the info you find is worthwhile, most of it doesn’t touch on the ONE note that harmonizes everything else.
Every company (and its salesforce) spends a good portion of their marketing efforts focused on the prospective customer. Singing the right song in your Facebook marketing and advertising starts with an impeccable first note. When that note is in-tune, everything harmonizes. When the note is sour, nothing works from that point on.
The ONE note that orchestrates the harmony of your Facebook marketing and advertising is the knowledge and understanding of who your prospect is, inside and out.
The greater clarity you have about your ideal customer, the more successful your Facebook marketing will be. But many, many companies don’t invest a sufficient amount of time to identify and examine who their ideal customers are. They revert to a hip-shooting approach that ends up costing way more time and money…and gets very little results.
Please don’t waste time and money trying to sell your products to people who aren’t interested.
The beauty of Facebook is that you can leverage its power to laser-target those people who ARE interested in what you have to sell. It’s even possible to create a community around your brand where customers, employees and prospects share information and experiences. Are there shortcuts to this? No. Is the effort worth it? Well, let’s find out.
WHY DO I NEED TO IDENTIFY MY IDEAL CUSTOMERS FOR FACEBOOK MARKETING?
- Determining the “buyer personas” of your core audience improves the way you solve problems for your customers.
- Establishing customer pain points helps create content that’s useful to your prospects (and builds authority with search engines).
- Useful, high-quality content increases engagement and builds your social presence.
- Website content (ie: blog posts) published on Facebook and clicked-through to your site increases search ranking.
WHY DO I NEED TO IDENTIFY MY IDEAL CUSTOMERS FOR FACEBOOK ADVERTISING?
- The key to successful Facebook ads is audience targeting.
- Facebook ads give you the ability to target very specific audiences thereby reaching your ideal customers rather than blasting messages to disinterested people.
- The more specific you are with your targeting, the higher your conversions because you’ll be serving ads to prospects who are interested.
- Facebook Ad Relevancy Score will be higher (score 1-10), which means you’ll pay less for every conversion.
- Cost-effective lead generation: you’ll achieve optimal results with the least amount of budget.
How to Identify Ideal (Target) Customers for Facebook Marketing
Ideal (target) customer “personas” are created with a combination of raw data and educated guesses, representing slices of your overall group of prospective customers. These sketches provide a touchstone for creating content and targeting the optimal audience for your Facebook ads.
The following 10 questions and their answers will bring harmony to your Facebook marketing and advertising:
- Describe at least 3 types of prospects who buy your products or services. Break it down by:
- Salary/Household Income
- Shopping behaviors
- Price preferences
- Brand interests
- What types of information do your ideal customers consume online when shopping for the products you sell?
- When consuming content they like, what type of media do they choose? (Blogs, Video, Podcasts, eBooks, Newsletters?)
- What resources do they trust most and why? (online review sites, social media, popular blogs, etc)
- What are your prospect’s pain points? (fears, common objections during the sales process, etc.)
- Describe the buyer’s journey to your product.
- What are their goals and challenges?
- Primary goal
- Secondary goal
- How do you help achieve these goals?
- Primary challenge
- Secondary challenge
- How do you solve these problems?
- What are the top 3 factors that motivate them to consider a purchase?
- What would make them ready to buy from you?
- What causes delays in their purchase decision?
The answers to these 10 questions will undoubtedly give you a deeper knowledge of your ideal (target) customers and allow you to craft a song that will resonate with them.
When you begin your Facebook marketing and advertising on the right note, it strikes harmony within your customer’s mind. Looking for shortcuts and relying on hip-shooting is for amateurs. Take the time to do it right. You’ll spend less time and money and get much better results!