AUBURN HILLS, Mich. — Tim Parker Chrysler Dodge Jeep® Ram in Hot Springs, Ark. is one of 30 dealerships that Chrysler Group LLC has recognized for their unwavering commitment to environmentally-friendly and energy-efficient business practices.
- 30 Chrysler Group dealerships recognized for demonstrating environmental responsibility in daily operations
- Eight of the 30 dealerships have implemented one or more major environmental initiatives
- Chrysler Group to share best practices across dealer network
- New Dealer ECO Program to recognize dealers annually for environmental commitment
This is the first group of dealers to be recognized under the new Dealer ECO (Environmentally Conscious Operations) Program launched last year by the Chrysler Group Network Development organization and the Corporate Sustainability Office. The new program provides Chrysler Group dealers with the opportunity to demonstrate their commitment to ECO business practices and to be recognized for their efforts.
Tim Parker Chrysler, located in the Hot Springs National Park in central Arkansas, installed a 2,000-square-foot solar panel system on the dealership’s roof, one of the largest privately-owned solar panel systems in the state. More than 100 solar panels enable the dealership to dramatically reduce its electricity usage and carbon dioxide emissions.
Tim Parker Chrysler’s solar panel system qualified as a major ECO initiative. Eight of the 30 Chrysler Group dealers implemented one or more major ECO initiatives. For example, Hunter Dodge Chrysler Jeep in Lancaster, Calif., has solar panels on carports that produce energy while providing protective cover for customers’ vehicles in for service; Milosch’s Palace Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Lake Orion, Mich. heats the dealership and separate new body shop with used motor oil from customer oil changes; and Williams Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Stigler, Okla. collects and recycles rainwater.
“The Dealer ECO Program is a vital initiative that supports Chrysler Group’s commitment to creating a sustainable enterprise,” said Peter Grady, Vice President of Network Development & Fleet, Chrysler Group LLC. “We commend these dealerships for their efforts and look forward to sharing their examples with others in order to expand and strengthen our shared commitment to sustainability.”
The 30 Chrysler Group dealerships are located in 19 states, more than a third of them in California, New York, and Michigan. To commemorate their achievements, Chrysler Group recently presented each dealership with a bamboo display plaque and dealership employees with flash drives encased in bamboo.
The 30 dealerships were chosen for recognition by Network Development and the Corporate Sustainability Office based on data gleaned from dealership online surveys and in-dealership photos. Seventy-five dealerships entered this inaugural Dealer ECO Program.
Selection was based on a dealership’s major ECO initiatives, energy efficiency, waste recycling, wastewater control, bulk oil containment, vehicle lift maintenance, and community relations program.
The 30 dealerships and locations are:
- Milosch’s Palace Chrysler Jeep Dodge, Lake Orion, Mich.
- Sterling Heights Dodge Chrysler Jeep Ram, Sterling Heights, Mich.
- Harold Zeigler Chrysler Dodge Jeep, Grandville, Mich.
- Golling Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, Bloomfield Hills, Mich.
- Wayland Chrysler, Wayland, Mich.
- L. T. Begnal Motor Co., Kingston, N.Y.
- Lessord Chrysler Products, Sodus, N.Y.
- Rockland Chrysler Jeep Dodge, Nanuet, N.Y.
- Glendora Chrysler Jeep Dodge, Glendora, Calif.
- Swift Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram, Davis, Calif.
- Hunter Dodge Chrysler Jeep, Lancaster, Calif.
- Berthod Motors, Glenwood Springs, Colo.
- Pro Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram, Denver, Colo.
- Tacoma Dodge Chrysler Jeep, Tacoma, Wash.
- Enumclaw Chrysler Jeep Dodge, Enumclaw, Wash.
- Westport Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, Lawrenceville, Ill.
- Cavanaughs’ Motors, Monmouth, Ill.
- Tom O’Brien Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram, Indianapolis, Ind.
- Spitzer Motor City, Cleveland, Ohio
- Fury Motors Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram, South St. Paul, Minn.
- Jones Chrysler, Bel Air, Md.
- Foster Motors, Middlebury, Vt.
- Iowa County Chrysler, Barneveld, Wis.
- Safford Chrysler Jeep Dodge of Fredericksburg, Fredericksburg, Va.
- Deluxe Motors, Miles City, Mont.
- Larry H. Miller Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram, Sandy, Utah
- Dadeland Dodge Chrysler Jeep, Miami, Fla.
- Tim Parker Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, Hot Springs, Ark.
- Mack Massey Chrysler Jeep Dodge, El Paso, Texas
- Williams Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, Stigler, Okla.