As a leader, you must understand the impact of Toxic People and have the wherewithal to excise them from the organizations you lead…
Narcissists, sociopaths, “Negative Nellies”, and other toxic people slowly suck the life out of others, although they don’t always do so consciously or with any ill intent. Subsequently, staying joyful and reaching your goals often means putting an end to the subtle ways they shut you and your dealership down.
10 Scary Ways Toxic People Try to Destroy You — Toxic people can make you feel ashamed, confused and even worthless, but not if you recognize and put a stop to the tricks they use to manipulate you.
Popular manipulation tactics toxic people use include:
- Gaslighting — The toxic person uses phrases like “You’re too sensitive” or “It didn’t happen that way” to make you doubt yourself and question what you deserve.
- Elaboration — The toxic person gives huge responses to appear smarter or more skilled than you, but what they say might lack relevancy or bounce around from point to point.
- Tonal Messaging — What the toxic person says is perfectly acceptable in terms of words or phrasing, but how they say those words and phrases communicates something hurtful.
- Downsiding — Every time you try to be positive or talk about the good happening to you, the toxic person rains on your parade, pointing out the “yeah, but” considerations or responding with “Are you sure…”
- Identity Shaming — The toxic person constantly comes up with something negative to say about what you love or do so that, eventually, you feel ashamed of what makes you you.
- Generalizing — Rather than take the time to get facts and acknowledge all the subtleties that can make an argument more complex, toxic individuals make blanket statements that defy rationalization, typically in an accusatory or judgmental way. They treat “never” and “always” as some of their favorite words.
Click below to read the full article:
Automotive Digital Marketing