Announcement from PureCars
Survey Also Reveals How Changing Advertising Trends Are Reshaping Which Channels and Tactics Are Driving More Customers Into Showrooms
PureCars, a leading provider of digital marketing technology and services for automotive dealers, announced results of its latest industry survey that shows which digital retailing tools automotive shoppers are using the most today, approximately one year into the pandemic.
PureCars commissioned an online survey that was presented to more than 2,000 automotive shoppers across the U.S. during March to get a better sense of how and where they are leveraging new digital retailing technologies and solutions.
Digital Retailing Tools Most Frequently Used
- Trade-in Estimate: 71%
- Virtual Test Drive: 64%
- Contactless Delivery Options: 61%
- Build Your Vehicle: 57%
- Lease/Payment Calculator: 52%
- Finance App: 46%
Price & Payment Trends During Shopping
- 48% of car shoppers say they still budget by total vehicle price; while 42% budget by monthly payment.
- 46% of car shoppers say they included the value of their trade-in when budgeting for their next vehicle.
- 31% of consumers said the dealer offered a slightly different payment onsite as advertised.
- 58% of consumers said the dealer had either a slightly different vehicle onsite as advertised, or a completely different vehicle.
- Most people (76%) visited their local dealer after viewing an advertisement via an online video (YouTube); followed by streaming TV (72%); social media (71%); and search via Google (70%).
- Only 32% of people reported visiting a local dealer after seeing or hearing an advertisement on traditional media (broadcast/cable TV, radio or newspaper).
Vehicle Delivery/Online Purchase Trends
- Nearly the same number of respondents said they had their vehicle delivered to them directly (29%) as those who said they picked up their car at the dealership (30%).
- However, another 26% said they would have purchased their car or truck completely online had the dealership offered that option.
“These survey results illustrate where car shoppers have been focused in leveraging the growing cadre of digital retailing tools being implemented by retailers today,” said Jeremy Anspach, PureCars Founder and CEO. “Since we now understand the effects the pandemic has had on the car-buying process, it’s good to start analyzing where consumers are most interested, and the changing role digital advertising is playing in driving people to the showroom.”
PureCars is an automotive MarTech company that’s in the business of transforming the way dealers, dealer groups, Tier 2 and Tier 3 providers make decisions that impact their bottom line — from advertising to operations. Everyone claims to have data, but only PureCars has PURE™ Intelligence, giving dealers a competitive edge. By providing superior information and execution, we give our customers precisely what they need to operate more efficiently, lower their cost per unit sold, and win in their market. PureCars has been serving the automotive industry exclusively since 2007. We are a certified digital provider for 15 OEMs in the U.S. and 1 in Canada, compliant with 40+ brands, and serve 65 of the top 100 dealer groups in North America.